Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sick in the Philippines...Not Sick of the Philippines


This week has been a roller coaster   I got sick at the start of the week (just a cold).  But I was in bed for like a day and a half.  Elder Daluz was really great.  He made me this rice portage stuff.  It was really good and it helped me get feeling better.  He said his grandma used to make it whenever they were sick.  But when I got feeling better we went out and taught in the evening.

 At one of the lessons we were teaching the word of wisdom.  And up until this point I struggled with teaching because I'm still learning Tagalog and I don't know the best way to present lessons, but at this particular lesson everything flowed and connected and I just started going off in Tagalog.  And I taught everything that I needed to and it made sense and the investigator was responding and participating.  It was so great.  Both Elder Daluz and I were surprised that I taught for as long as I did.  I still struggle with teaching but I have a little more confidence than I did.  I also know that the ability to teach is directly correlated with our obedience to all the mission rules.  I see a huge difference when we are exactly obedient and when we are just obedient.

Huge Butterfly; It was big and nasty but it looked cool.
This is a FHE with a family in our branch. Elder smith and Oyardo came with us.  

Some of our investigators.  We found a family that lives about 4-5 miles away from our apartment.  The only way to get to their house is a dirt road.  We can either walk for about an hour or take a 30 min tricey ride.  We usually walk one way and ride the other.  When we found this family, all the kids in the purok(street/community) came and sat down for the lesson.  So now whenever we come, the other kids are always there.  Its pretty cool because they all participate.  And most of them come to church with the family.

We had a zone activity this morning in Angadanan.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.