Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Slowing Down... and enjoying life Filipino Style

Well this week has been really good.  I feel like I finally have gotten past the culture shock and am able to just work.  In Utah we joke about Mormon Standard Time but Filipino time is so much slower.  I was struggling with it a lot earlier this week.  If you have an appointment (even a baptism) at 10 am it typically will not start until 11 or 11:30.  It is super frustrating.  Our church block starts at 8:30 but no one shows up until about 9:30 or 10. 
I had no idea what to do about our appointments.  We had Zone Meeting with President and Sister Carlos and it included our Quarterly Interviews with President.  I was struggling with the tardiness and so I asked President how to best deal with it.  He wisely told me just to not let it bother me.  I need to do everything I can do to follow the schedule but if the schedule changes to just be flexible. So this week I have been trying to be flexible and I can testify that it brings the spirit!  Before, I would get a little frustrated that things never started on time and it would cause the spirit to leave.  But if we become flexible and not get upset because of little things I promise the spirit will be able to work more fully in our lives.  Just this simple little thing has helped me sooooooo much this week.  I feel like my testimony of this gospel has grown exponentially this week. 

 We were teaching Ang Plano ng Kaligtasan (the Plan of Salvation) this week and during the lesson the spirit hit me in the face.  I had the realization that I know that the Plan of Salvation was true!  I have had a testimony of it for a while but this realization has strengthened my testimony so much.  I know that we will be able to see Grandpa Cousin and Grandma and Grandpa Kupfer again.  I don't have any doubt of it in my mind.  And I am so grateful that I have that knowledge.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.