Monday, March 4, 2013

This week has been awesome!!!

I thought I would just post Elder Cousin letter this week, it is pretty short and so so sweet.



Dear Family,

This week has been awesome.  I did get the package.  It didn't cost anything on this side.  Thank you for the contents.  Most of them are already gone.  Thank you for the music it is amazing!  We had a visit from Elder Halstrom of the 70 on Wednesday.  His talk was so good.  Before he started he asked if we had questions that needed to be answered.  Then he said.  The speakers today won't be able to answer your questions directly but the Holy Ghost can.  So he  asked all of us to write down some questions if we hadn't prepared any.  So I made a few and almost immediately the spirit answered them!  It was so amazing.  The great thing about it is that we can have that happen in every meeting we go to.  We often put the responsibility on the speaker.  If the speakers are good then the meeting is good.  Right?  Wrong!  The responsibility is on us.  If we are able to feel the spirit the meeting will be good.  I can attest that I when I teach in Tagalog it sounds horrible but if the spirit is there it really doesn't matter what I say.  The spirit will teach.  After that talk Elder Daluz and I have been so excited to teach.  The work has improved and we have developed a greater love for our investigators.  Going along with your advice for the week.  I have noticed that when I am concerned about our investigators it is easier to teach.  My Tagalog is better and the Spirit is stronger.  And of course it is easy to love those people that are progressing and are keeping commitments.  The part we have to strive for everyday is to love those people who aren't easy to love.  There is a scripture in the start of Mosiah (I can't find it right now because I have been switching scriptures a lot lately, I got my quad split into three books and have been carrying the smaller copies while teaching.  But it was something along the lines of giving to all people.  Not just those who are nice to us.  

 I received  a nice dearelder from Aunt Les today and emails from Sadie and Jeff this week and Chris and Shelly last week.  Tell them all that I love them and so grateful for their love and support.  

Last thing, For scripture study one night this week search for the differences between and characteristics of sheep and goats.  The Lord said that he would put the sheep on his right side and the goats on his left.  Why?  And what is the difference.  I know Wikipedia has some of the answers.  Try it and see what you find.  I thought it was very interesting!

Thank you so much for all of your love and support!  I love all of you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.