Monday, April 1, 2013

So its April now...



This week has been awesome.  We weren't able to work a lot because of all the activities in Cauayan.  Monday P-day, Tuesday Farewell fireside, Wednesday Transfer Meeting, Thursday District Meeting, Friday Weekly Planning.  But those meetings were really beneficial to us because we got to listen to many talks that helped us refocus and improve the our work.  
This has been Holy Week in the Philippines and it has been quite the experience.  There are so many people that mourn the death of Christ but don't recognize the importance of the Resurrection.  
Elder Daluz and I were asked to speak in Sacrament yesterday.  It was a good experience.  I'm still not good at Tagalog but its clicking more and more everyday.  This week I've really started to be able to understand what people are saying.  I can mostly understand whats going on unless the person is talking super fast, so I guess that is good.  
We have a baptism planned for this weekend.  We are really excited about it because she has been a really good investigator.  
Elder Daluz is 21 though.  He's been here for 10 months now.  He is from Laguna (San Pablo Mission) but he lived in Mindoro for about a year before his mission. 
What year did Derek serve here?  I think I might have met one of his mission mates.  
We watch General Conference in two weeks instead of this weekend.  So I'll let you know how that goes.  
I was watching the Joseph Smith movie this morning and I love the quote, "Sometimes The Lord brings us lower before he can raise us up"  There is a purpose for all our trials and tribulations.  If we will press forward with a perfect brightness of hope then the Atonement will be able to kick into our lives.  I know that the holy ghost gave us the courage to do hard things
Everything is still going good.  We are continuing to progress and grow as a companionship and as individuals.  

The District President spoke a few weeks ago.  I can't remember if I told you this.  The Process of conversion on a mission should be:
1. Self
2. Companion
3. Leaders
4. Members
5. Investigators

Think about what the process should be for you and the people around you this week. 

I love you all!
Elder Cousin
Rainstorm March 2013

FHE for the Week

Elder Daluz Mission Genealogy (Busy Missionary)
The 7 Elder's heading home

MTC district meeting up again at Farewell Fireside

One more snapshot

Handsome Missionary-Beautiful Sunset 

One more for the road :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.