Monday, May 6, 2013

Transfers on Wednesday












Elders having some fun. 
This week has been busy.  Many great experiences.  To start out we had our quarterly interviews with president on Tuesday.  The AP's just call missionaries out of district meeting one at a time to meet with president one on one.  So they called me in and we started talking and of course president asked me how I was doing and if I needed anything.  He then followed it up with I'm so proud of you and because of that I think you should train...  I'm pretty sure my jaw was somewhere near my ankles...  So I guess I am training  for the next couple cycles.  Transfers are on Wednesday.

So we were walking down the road near our apartment at the start of the week and I had the impression to OYM an older gentleman who was watering some trees in front of his house.  We greeted him in Tagalog of course and his response was,"sorry I don't speak Tagalog."  It turns out that he is from Missouri and is staying with his sister for a few months as a vacation.  We only had Tagalog pamphlets with us at the time so we told him that we would bring him an English one.  We had to dig for an old dusty English Restoration pamphlet in the cupboard but we gave it to him the next day and set up a return appointment.  When we went back for the appointment, he let us in and had a bunch of good questions.  We committed him to pray about what we taught to know that it was true.  His response was, "Of course its true."  Elder Daluz and I were dumbfounded, we had no idea what to say.  He then followed up with I would like to hear more about the Book of Mormon and maybe be able to read it.  Again we were dumbstruck.  If there were ever a golden investigator, its this guy.  We have an appoint tomorrow to teach about the Book of Mormon.  Hopefully we will be able to get one of the senior couples to come fellowship with us tomorrow.

We also found a family on Tuesday that may also be golden investigators.  I told you last week about OYMing people.  I was on a split and we was a man out on his porch.  We were just planning to give him the pamphlet but he invited us and so we started to teach.  They understood everything and the spirit was so super strong.  They had super good questions.  They are 7th Day Adventists and are super familiar with The Bible.  They would quote verses from The Bible during our lessons and they were all exactly correct.  No false doctrine and everything they said added to the lesson.  We have not had the opportunity to teach them again but I'm excited for when we can.  

We also had a less active family come to church for the second week in a row and the one son even passed the sacrament.  This family really has great potential.  We are really focusing on them because they know its true they just need to continue acting and building their testimony (kinda like all of us.)

 Lauren thank you for your mission story.  I enjoyed reading it.  I'm still waiting for one from the others... :)

Other than that I don't have much else to say.  The Church is True!  I love you all.  And I will talk to you next week




The picture I sent you with the two girls with Elder Daluz and I are being baptized on Saturday.  They have been really great investigators.  The older one is Arlene and the younger one is Angela.  Elder Daluz is kinda bummed that he won't be able to go to the baptism.  I guess that is just how it goes!.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.