Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Had to email on Tuesday



Hello Cousin Family,

Monday

I am Elder Ilagan, a missionary working for the mission office. I got a text message from Elder Cousin telling me that he couldn't go online because he's taking care of his sick companion at their apartment right now. He wants you to know that he is fine and that you will get an e-mail from him soon. Take care & God bless! :)



Tuesday:
So I'm emailing on Tuesday.  Hopefully you got Elder Ilagan's email yesterday.  Elder Dionisio was sick yesterday and we had a class 4 typhoon here.  I don't know if you heard about that.  We were all advised to stay inside yesterday until mid-afternoon.  In my area it was just rain and some heavy wind but in some of the other are apartments were flooded.  I don't think anyone was hurt though.  It came straight through our mission.  This week has been really good here.   We had 25 lessons which is the most I have had in one week.  I feel like my Tagalog has really picked up this week.  Even if I don't understand every word people use and can typically understand what they are saying.  It’s fantastic; I never thought I would get to this point.

On Sunday we had the opportunity to go on splits with some of the single adults and youth.  It was really good.  We were able to teach a bunch of lessons and get the branch involved.

Later that night, we stopped at the branch president’s house and were planning to share but it ended up turning into a devotional/testimony meeting with the SA's and Youth.  It was amazing.  The spirit was so strong.  A few of the SA's really needed something like this in their life so our goal is to organize something like it every few weeks.

So as missionaries we hear from the members about all the other missionaries that have been assigned in this area.  One missionary that everyone seems to remember is from Cedar City.  His name is Isaac Brown.  I was wondering if you or any of the kids down in Cedar know who he is.


We have a busy week ahead so it'll be p-day again before we know it. I will try to send some pictures then.

So that is pretty much what is going on with us.  I hope you all have a wonderful week.  I love you all so much.

Elder Braden Cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.