Monday, September 2, 2013

Merry Christmas from the Phillippines (It is September)

So It is September.  Yesterday morning when we woke up Elder Dionisio wished me a Merry Christmas.  I was rather confused but he then explained that September 1st is the start of Christmas in the Philippines.  I didn't quite believe him but then at church our opening sacrament hymn was "Angels We Have Heard On High."  So basically it is Christmas now. 
 
This week has flown by.  Our area is being split sometime in the near future so we spent a few days looking for a house.  We found a really nice one that should work.  They will work the details out next week but it should be the elders apartment and I should still be here so it will most likely become my apartment.  It's exciting!  
 
I've had a cold for the past two days so that's been a bummer but I seem to be getting over it.  This is the last week of the cycle.  Elder Dionisio will probably be transferred because he has almost been here six months.  So I will let you know next week.  I have no idea where the time has gone, It blows my mind. However I have seen considerable improvement in my Tagalog and teaching.  I have stayed away from reading Tagalog thus far because written Tagalog and Spoken Tagalog are essentially two different languages and written Tagalog is fairly difficult but as I was laying in bed feeling awful, I started reading Preach My Gospel in Tagalog and it all made sense.  I was kind of surprised but I guess I have finally hit fluency.  Yay!  
 
We had a really awesome lesson with a part-member investigator.  His wife is a member and they have two really cute little kids.  We asked him if he prayed about his baptismal date and he said that he received the answer that he needed to be baptized.  It was super amazing and the spirit was amazingly strong.  
 
Oh by the way, Sister Rahlf set up a mission blog I already setup a hyperlink on my blog that shoots you over to theirs.  Its just on the right side next to my email.  I hope that you are all doing awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.