Monday, November 4, 2013

1st year in the mission field this week!



So yeah November is here.  I would just like start out with One Year Na Lang!  I promise I'm not trunky.  This week was good.  Our numbers weren't the best because of other activities however every time our numbers are a little bit lower, those are the weeks where I see the most success.  The young man that I talked about last week, that wants to go on a mission, has an interview this week for the Melchizedek Priesthood.  We were pretty excited.  And we had a bunch of less active members at sacrament.  Our Sacrament attendance is typically around 60.  This week it went above 90.  We were all super excited.  Our branch president is going to start having meetings with the leaders to get the branch more organized.  And we had investigators at church.  To top it off, I had some really cool realizations.  The first was during sacrament meeting.  My first two areas were great but to be completely honest until I got to this area I struggled with the branches.  But during Sacrament yesterday I felt this overwhelming love for this branch and the area.  It is almost for sure that I will be transferred in December and that thought made my heart hurt.  I really have grown to love this area.  I will go wherever I am needed but I would be completely happy to finish out my mission here.



The second realization was last night.  We stopped at a members house;  we were talking and the topic turned to marriage and Nanay said something profound.  She said that when ever her husband comes home she hides because it is nice to hear him ask where she is every day when he gets home.  I thought it was a little weird but then I thought about it for a minute and realized that mom doesn't hide but whenever she is in the back room the first thing out of dads mouth is, "hi bud, how are you?  Where is mom?"  I love that I am on the other side of the world but I am still learning from my parents.  Thank you for your wonderful examples.



Oh yeah I have pictures.  We went to one of the Baranggays (neighborhoods) called Kalabaza (squash or pumpkin)  We walked to the very end and found a river we also found a very wealthy Indian family that just so happen to be members.  I am praying for a dinner appointment.  I have missed Indian food. The Young man is Sady.  He is the one preparing for the mission.



So that is pretty much It. 



I love you all and hope you have a great week.



Love,

Elder Cousin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.