Monday, November 18, 2013

Super Duper Week


So this week has been super duper spiritual.  I have learned so much and feel like I am more the missionary that Heavenly Father needs me to be.  We aren't really expecting any changes because of the disaster.  Visaya is essentially a completely different country.  They speak a different language and it is fairly far away.  So I will let you know if anything changes but don't expect anything to change.


So I don't know if you ever saw any of the blog posts about Brother Pete.  I know that the Carlos' did a couple and I know he is in one of the Rahlf's posts.  He is an American that was a member of the military here in the Philippines back in the day.  He found a Filipina and decided to move back.  He is a huge help to this mission. He cooks at almost every zone conference and he provides souvenirs for missionaries at essentially wholesale price.  All he does is go around doing good.  Salt Lake heard about him and sent a bunch of camera-men out to do a piece for  in between conference.  So we are all excited to see Brother Pete on TV.  Be watching for it.  

This week things got really interesting.  I realized that I will probably only have 2 more weeks in this area...  I honestly love this area and so I have been trying to let loose.  There was a quote last conference that said "Don't die with your music still in you."  I will not leave this area with my music still in me.  

I was able to get my hands on a copy of "The Other Side of Heaven." (it has been approved by President.)  I realized that I really have it good.  I have so many luxuries (even in the Philippines) that I have taken for granted.  I am always safe, I have running water, I get mail, I can go to the store, I can email, I have a companion, the branch is established, I speak the language, and many more.  I am so grateful for what I have!

So pretty much that is it... I love you all. I am doing great and am committing to be a better missionary every day.   Missionary work is hard but it is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.